Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A scary story for October

I went to the scariest place in the world yesterday....The Nevada DMV. I pulled into the parking lot around 2 o'clock and searched for a parking place. Around 2:15 I found a spot and walked inside. I stood in a line for about 20 minutes and spoke to the lady behind the counter. She said "you have everything you need except for your VIN check." I said, "what is a VIN check?" She told me about a building next door that has a tunnel I have to drive through and somebody there would check my VIN number. I said to her in a lovely tone, "I just took 15 minutes to find a parking spot." She didn't care... I walked outside and got in my car and went into the tunnel. This VIN check took about 10 seconds and I found myself looking for a spot again. 15 more minutes pass and I get another spot. I walked inside again and got in line again... Now the lady told me I have to take the written drivers test before I can register my car and get my licence. She gave me number and told me that it is about a 45 minute wait to see a "technician," so if I hurried through my test I would be able to get both things done at once. I thought PERFECT! I might get out of here before I DIE! I took my test and passed pretty quickly. As I walked out of the testing room I looked up at the big board to see if my number was up there, IT WAS!!! I ran over to the booth that I was supposed to be at and just before I got there the "technician" changed the freeking number! He told me I had to get another number and wait my turn. I got another number and sat down. The people around me looked like they had all just murdered someone or were contimplating doing so. A couple of guys were fighting over who should be the next president. This was enough to keep me occupied until my number came up again 45 minutes later. I went to the counter and handed the man my stuff, he quickly got to work on it and was almost done when he said, "will you be paying with cash or check?" I said, "neither, I have a debit card." He then told me that the card machines had been down all day and I would have to find an ATM or a bank. It was now 4:30 and there was no time for that so this story continues today with me going back to the DMV to finish my stuff. This story will haunt me for the rest of my life....

3 comments:

Aubri n Scott said...

OH wow, that is a bummer, if there is anything more annoying than dealing with the DMV let me know! Good luck to you! Sheesh!

Matt and Cori said...

Oh wow and I thought my experience there was bad!! Well at least you got everything taken care of and passed your test on the first try! Good job on that!

Angie said...

Are you kidding me?! I would be yelling at someone by the end. I'm glad that you kept your cool. As I was reading it, I could just feel your frustration and I started to get all worked up. Sorry, and good luck!

Random Pictures of our lives