Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a Mess

So I forgot I need to tell everyone what my calling was in church. Believe it or not, but I got called to be a cub scout assistant. I am not exactly sure what that means I am supposed to do. Maybe assist someone...

Well this whole job thing has kind of been a mess. Last week I had a few interviews at a school. They offered me job, and they sent my file in for hire. There were a few things I needed to get done before I could sign my contract so I quit my bank job. Roy and I were excited so we decided to celebrate at the Olive Garden for dinner Friday night. Never celebrate anything until it is set in stone. Monday morning I got a phone call from the Principal at the elementary school telling me there was a problem. My file was rejected due to me not being "highly qualified" enough to teach at a Title 1 School. All I was missing was one stupid test score. This test is equivilent to the ACT which I had to pass with a certain score to even get into the elementary ed program at UVSC. Well many phone calls, faxes and conversations later I got a phone call Tuesday morning saying that now I was "highly qualified". Again I am waiting to hear from the contracting office to go sign that contract before anything else can go wrong. So everyone keep your fingers crossed for me that NOTHING ELSE GOES WRONG!

4 comments:

Aubri n Scott said...

Oh man, that is so frustrating! IT will be ok! I know it will!

Amelia said...

I am so sorry everything is crazy. Let me know what I can do to help. It looks like you changed your blog design. (I think I liked the other one better--just because it was red, and you like red.)

Gina & Nate said...

Good luck, that is frustrating to have happen! You are both in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, HOw stressful!! I hope everything works out just the way you want it!

Random Pictures of our lives