Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No Time

So when we moved down here to Las Vegas neither Roy or I had a job. Roy wend to school and I looked for a job. I had all the time in the world to do the laundry, clean the house and give Molly all the attention she could ever have. Well the tables have turned. We are now both working and have the hardest time keeping up on simple house hold chores, such as emptying the dishwasher (which by the way I am so glad we have one now) cleaning out the bathroom sink and just vacumming the floor. I am sure you can only imagine what the bathrooms look like!!! Just kidding, I have only been teaching for one week, they are not that bad yet, but I have got to figure out some kind of system, and soon. (Mom now I get it!) Maybe this is the reason we have kids... Too bad Molly can't clean the toilet or fold the laundry. Well I just thought I would let you all know that I am still alive and breathing as I try to clean up my classroom, understand the different programs the school wants me to use, and survive day to day. Eventually I want to have my classroom set up and organized so I can function. Right now there are piles and piles of papers from all the subs. I don't think I will grade them all, we will start fresh, but I feel bad just throwing them away. The books in my library have no orginization and are in a disaray. It just seems that nothing makes sense in there and for those of you who know me, I CAN'T TEACH UNDER THOSE KIND OF CONDITIONS. Here are some pictures I took the day I first saw my classroom. I will post new ones when it is more in order. Some of you may think it doesn't look that bad, but from a distance it isn't bad. It is when you start to open boxes, cubards and look in the students desks when I started to know how bad it was.


My desk.

One of the many piles of work to be graded.
The class library
Front of the room.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Hey! I can't believe you have your own classroom and your a teacher! I'm so jealous! You might want to try out flylady.com this is a helpful tool to help keep your house clean all the time. She has daily missions that should only take 15 minutes and then habits to form, like doing only one load of laundry a day and finishing it...putting it away! I love it and it has helped me to keep a clean house!
Anyway, I want to chat with you on how it is going. I hope to hear from you soon

Ashley Welling said...

Don't feel bad about wanting to throw the papers away. I do it all the time. I know the kids know the material and don't feel like grading it, so I just throw the assignments in the recycle box and a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. As long as you know the kids know the stuff, that is all that matters. Also sometimes I just give them credit for doing it.

Start fresh. Maybe so they have something to be graded on, give them a few review worksheets/quizzes on the stuff and use that for their grade.

Gina & Nate said...

I can't believe your are officially a school teacher now! Remember the teachers we had in grade school? :) Mr. Greer-good memories there! haha! I hope everything is going great for you both, hope to see you soon! Love ya!

Hoping to Adopt said...

Congrats on the job!!!!
You will be an awsome teacher, I'm sure they love you already. You are a pretty motivated person and I have no doubt your classroom will be in order in no time. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

WOW That's BIG!!!! Congrats! I hope it going well!!

Random Pictures of our lives