Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Cherry On Top


Today I had a very long day at work. I have been under a lot of stress with all the many things a new teacher has to do and figure out. I was attending a new teacher training tonight at a middle school across town. It let out and I started walking to my car. As I got closer I noticed some writing on my car that defiantly should not have been there. Some gang member had left there mark on my car with permanent marker. I was so excited to finally come home and now I had to deal with one more thing. I waited for 40 minutes for the school police to come over. He was a jerk. He wouldn't even report it, (apparently graffiti is not a crime...) and then he tried to rub it off himself. I was afraid he would rub it into the paint even more so I butted in and said let me try a dry erase marker. (It works when my students write on the whiteboard at school with permanent marker) Luckily that took it off. I just can't believe the kind of people out there in this world.

5 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

That sucks! It's a good thing the dry erase marker took it off.

Jocelyn said...

Expo fluid and children's spit also take off permanent marker.

Angie said...

I'm glad it came off! Stress sucks, and so does the expectations of getting older. I wish you guys the best!

Aubri n Scott said...

MAN! Angie I am so sorry! That really is NO FUN! It is true though, you see all sorts and you really wonder why they think it is ok to harm something you work hard for! My friend lived in Vegas and they did a report on stolen saturn cars. Showed how to steal them and everything! Two nights later her car was stolen! Genious right? Ugh! Best of luck!

Josh and Kensey said...

I hope things start getting better for you!

Random Pictures of our lives