Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Birthday

My birthday started out pretty early for it being on a Saturday. Molly did not want me to sleep in. I got up and Roy was mad that I was up so early because he wanted to make me breakfast in bed, I said I would go back to bed... but he ended up going and getting Dunkin Donuts. (I have never had theirs before) Roy continued asking me what I wanted for my birthday. I just told him all I wanted was a job. Since there was nothing he could get me he decided to drive me somewhere. We packed Molly up and got a few water bottles to take with us. We got in the car and started driving. He wouldn't tell me where we were going. We drove and drove and drove. Soon we were in California. We stopped in Barstow and got McFlurry at Mcdonalds because I was craving one with M&Ms. I finished mine quickly and even shared the last little bit with Molly, she loved it as you can see!!!

We continued on our way, by now I was starting to have a good idea where we were headed. Roy knows how happy I look when I am at the ocean. There is someting about it that just makes me smile. Soon we pulled up to Huntington Beach. It was beautiful minus the bad air quality. It was so bad you couldn't see the ocean from a distance. We parked, got Molly and the camera and headed for the beach. We noticed that there was a sign, "No dogs on beach" Well we had just drom three and a half hours, we were getting on that beach whether or not we had a dog.
Roy got clever and emptied out my purse and tried to put molly in it. Akward, I probably looked like an idiot carrying a regualr purse with a puppy sticking out. OH well we still got some cute picture of our little family. We spent about 45 minutes at the beach walking around and just hanging out.





What a fun birthday present, I got the ocean for my birthday!!! Thanks Roy!
That is not everything!!
After our our long drive back home we went out for a nice birthday dinner. We went to Chevys, which is one of my favorite mexican resturants, and the one in Orem went out of business a long time ago so I was excited to find one here. Dinner was excellent, Roy told them it was my birthday and out came some ice cream and of course a sombrero. Of course we had to capture this lovely moment.

4 comments:

Aubri n Scott said...

How fun! You have a great husband! I hope you had a great day! Lots of love from us!

Angie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY TWIN! What a great husband to do something so wonderful for you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and Anniversary very soon!

Robertson Family said...

Happy Birthday Angie! How fun the Ocean for a present! Roy is so good to you! I'm glad that you had a great day! I too loved Chevy's what I can remember of it! I bet it was a delicious Birthday dinner! love ya! Natalie

Matt and Cori said...

How did you do that cute thing on the top of your blog with your names and picture?

Random Pictures of our lives