Monday, September 22, 2008

A little this and that

It seems that the days here are going faster and faster as the weeks go by. It seems like everytime we go to church on Sunday, if feels like we were just there a day ago. We really like our ward and they have kept us busy this past week. We had ward temple night, and they were very excited to have so many people there (13 came) yeah!! We also had a game night with the ward, and had delicious banana splits. It was a great way for us to meet some members of our ward. There a lot of new couples in the ward and we have all gotten to be pretty good friends. One of them is named Leah, she is so sweet, we have really began to be good friends. Her husband is in law school at UNLV and is always at school studying, since Roys hand is feeling much better he is playing more golf, this has given us a lot of time to get to know each other. She is from Korea, but has been living here in the US for the last ten years. She had me over this week and she cooked me some good korean food. YUM!!! I had to take a picture becasue it was set up so perfectly it was like being at a resturant. We had lettuce wraps and dumplings.



I had her over today, we made taco soup and she played some wii games with us. We had lots of fun. She thinks Molly is the cutest puppy ever. (and so do I!!!)




Our puppy is very spoiled, but is also a scardy cat. When we leave for a short period of time we usually leave her out, and she ends up hiding in our closet. Well on Sunday we put up the gate and left her in the bathroom. Either we have a very strong puppy or I don't know how to work those gates very well, but this is what we came home to after church, and guess where she was?? You got it, she was in our closet waiting for us in her safe place. We couldn't believe it. Maybe we should name her houdini.


Well tomorrow I get to start working. I am excited to start making some money, but I am sad that it is not teaching. I will be a teller at Wells Fargo. (definatly not my dream job) It is frustrating becasue I went to college for 5 years so I could do what I wanted to do and make a decent amount of money. Well now that I am graduated that is not happening, and I am very discouraged. The school district out here is apparently going to start hiring teachers again on October 2nd. If I get an offer I will be more than happy to take it and probably not have a problem saying good bye to the old one. With me working, Roy will not have his own personal driver to drive him to and from school. Parking permit, ya right $$$$$$$. So he will get to ride his bike, which he has put about 2 miles on since we bought it. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for him and not be too hot.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I got a calling at church, I am not telling anyone yet what it is until I am set apart, and you will never guess what it is.... Any ideas, leave me a comment I want to hear what you think it may be...

Well sorry if this was not as exciting as the ocean!!! Have a great day and we miss you all!!!

3 comments:

Aubri n Scott said...

RS Secratery! Or or... Nursery!
I am glad things are looking up for you! I hope you get a teaching job right away!

Angie said...

So when I saw your blog, I totally thought, "this is SO Angie". It definatly fits you. I think that you are the new food storage chairman! Let us know soon, I'm glad that I still get to know what you are up to, even from Washington!!! MISS YOU

Amelia said...

You didn't tell me you got a church calling. I have no idea what it could be. You should give me a clue.

How was your first day at your new job???

Random Pictures of our lives