Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kids, they say the darndest things

Today I decided to dress up a little. I bought a suit a little over a year ago for interviews. I haven't worn it since. I decided to pull it out of the closet and be different. I never dress way up for school. Usually some slacks and a nice looking shirt. I showed up today and received a lot of nice complements and questions "why are you dressed up?" I think people thought there must be a reason since I never do this.

I went out to the playground to do my duty (haha I said duty) and random students kept coming up to me and telling me I looked like a lawyer. I asked them if I could quit being a teacher and really become a lawyer so I could make more money. They told me I could not. That I make a better teacher then a lawyer.

I walked over to pick my students up to take them to the classroom. One of my cute little students said this and I quote. "Mrs. Smith, you are wearing a tusk!" "A tusk? you mean a tux." I said to her. She replied, "That is what I said" anyways I explained to her that it was a suit and a tux is something fancier that you would wear to a wedding or a fancy party.

Anyway it was fun to be different for a day and listen to my silly kids. By the way does anyone know what the letters "YNCK" stand for? One of my students asked me this yesterday. He said they are in some song...

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

It's the name of a music group. :) Kids can be so funny!

Random Pictures of our lives