Monday, February 9, 2009

One of those days

Every now and again I have days where everything is so routine and I have nothing to look forward to. Today was one of them. I was walking my students out to the bus stop after school thinking "here we go again, another week of the same old thing." I started wondering is this what my life is now? Am I done having fun? Is this what being grown up is all about? I decided to come home from school earlier than usual so I could see Roy since he has a late class. On my fifteen minute drive home I could not stop thinking about how routine my life was and why I was here. I was sitting at an intersection and this funny looking bus/van thing drives through it. I thought to myself "that looks funny, what does it say on the side?" It was painted in all sorts of weird colors but the bus had given me a message. It said "Life is about the journey" Before I could take a second look, it was gone. I then remembered President Monson's talk he gave last October about enjoying the journey and how I need to live in the moment of life now.

"Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it gets to the end the faster it goes." -Andy Rooney


3 comments:

Angie said...

I feel the same way everyday. I do the same things day after day and I feel like I don't have much to look forward to. I'm glad you had a brief awakening, reading your post made me think too and realize that we still are young and so many opprotunities still await. So thanks for giving me some insight!

Jocelyn said...

I'll admit, there are times I feel that way and I've found that I have to put effort into finding things to do together in order to not feel so blah. It is hard but worth it to try and plan something once in a while that you will look forward to. Also, January and February just suck.

Aubri n Scott said...

Thanks for that Angie! I know all to well how you feel. I get that way so often. Good luck!

Random Pictures of our lives