Saturday, December 13, 2008

We can't wait to go home for Christmas


Roy and I are having a hard time feeling the Christmas spirit. When we put our tree up it was 70 degrees. It was weird to see blue sky and palm trees outside instead of dead trees and snow. It is begining to look like fall not winter. We both grew up in Orem, Utah and it was always cold and snowy this time of year. It is weird how that can set up the season for you. We are eager to come home next Saturday. We will be stopping in Nephi for the anual Prisbrey family Christmas party. It is a hoot!!! Santa comes and he is hillarious.

I also can't wait to go home because I need a break. This teaching stuff is not easy. It really wears me out. I am probably at the school nine hours a day and still have to go in on Saturday and bring stuff home to grade. I don't know what is worng, but I feel like am doing the bare minimum and still have no time. I don't know how some teachers do amazing things and they are never at the school. They leave right when the bell rings and never come in early. AHHH maybe one day I will have my head on straight. If anyone out there as any suggestions or advise PLEASE let me know.
Roy is up in St. George today playing golf with a fried today. I went into school for a while then came home and was not in the mood to clean. I decided to take a few pictures of our Christmas tree for everyone to see. Well that turned into me taking pictures of our little Molly. (She is just so cute) So here are some pictures of our tree and her. We have a little pink jacket for her to wear because sometimes she shivers and doesn't want to go outside to do her business. That is something she can't get away with if you know what I mean. Anyway Roy's friend Wayne who he is golfing with today is coming back down here with Roy and is spending the week with us. Since Roy is done with finals and has a week off while I finish teaching they are going to go play some sweet golf. Roy has met many people down here and has made arrangments at some really nice courses for them to go and play for free or practically nothing. They are very excited.
Well this is what happens when I don't write on my blog for almost a month, sorry there was so much.... but thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Ashley Welling said...

Don't worry! Things will get better. It was like that my first year. I still take things home to do and work on. There are days I stay late, but I usually leave around 3:30-4:00 (15-45 minutes after our contract time is over).

But once you get everything all put together this year, you won't have as much to do next year. It only gets better. I don't grade every assignment I give my kids. Sometimes I give them points for doing it, sometimes I don't feel like grading it so I put them in my recycle box. I look over them to know if they are understanding the concept, but I don't grade it.

I am also tired too. It wears me out. I say, if you don't come home tired, you didn't do your job.I'm sure your a great teacher and your kids love you. Like I said, it get's better.

Random Pictures of our lives