Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WIll I ever get caught up?

So I am supposed to have my lesson plans done a week in advance and posted on the school email for "important" people to look at or if I happened to get sick over the weekend a sub would know what to do. Well this past weekend I got a weeks worth done and posted. I felt great, like I was all caught up. But then I looked around my room and remembered all the things I want to rearrange, clean up, go through, hang on the wall, create buliton bords..... the list goes on and on. I can only do one thing at a time. So now that I am caught up with lesson plans, the plan is to; on Monday do the next Monday plan, and Tuesday do the next weeks Tuesday plan and so forth. This way I stay a week ahead. Thank goodness I have found some kind of system. Now after school I don't feel overwhelmed about what I am going to do the next day and I can spend a "little" time getting things done on my long list. One thing at a time is what I have to remind myself. Maybe by Christmas my room will resemble a bit of me rather than 4 substitute teachers. And yes I am still grading that lovely stack of papers for grades since I now have access to the grade book and there were NO GRADES for the whole tirmester, which ends on the 21st of November. Yeah wish me luck on pulling stuff from who knows where to give the students grades on things that were taught at the begining of the school year. (just venting a little)

2 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

I felt just like that last week. Our term ended on the 24th and I had research papers due then. so I spent the next 4 days grading them. I never thought I would get caught up. Not to mention the stuff we were doing that needed to be graded for 2nd term. And to top it all off...I couldn't put the grades in for 2nd term until yesterday because the grades hadn't been downloaded yet.

I totally know what you mean. I want to redo my 6-traits bulletin board, but I always seem to find something else that needs to be done, and I can't do it during my prep because another teacher is using my room during it.

It gets better!!! Hang in there!

Angie said...

you're making me feel overwhelmed just reading it! I can't believe that you are still above water. Good luck with everything!

Random Pictures of our lives