Monday, April 13, 2009

Remembering Daisy-

Never in my life could I imagine myself getting so attached to a dog. Daisy was the greatest dog anyone could ever ask for. Her unconditional love and constant wagging tail made her a joy to be around everyday. Her love for my mom was almost overwhelming at times, but it made my mom smile on a daily basis. When we first got Daisy she had been hit by a car and the previous owners were not able to pay the medical bills for her. We picked her up from our vet with a giant pink cast on her front leg. The part that amazed me is that she was still happy, even though it was tough for her to get around. We nursed her back to health by feeding her ridiculous amounts of fast food and she quickly became part of the family. I will never forget the time my dad threw her across the room for stealing his sandwiches, or the time that she somehow got the muffins off the counter. We all loved to hear her sing, well except Maggie....

When our family loses a dog it is just as bad as loosing a best friend. We love our animals more than most can imagine. Daisy, we will miss you dearly. You were truly the best dog a family could ask for. We will miss your crazy tail, your basset hound howl, and I will bet we even miss your smell. We can all take a page out of Daisy's book. Let's rush to the door when our spouses or children come home. Let's climb under the blankets and snuggle when it is cold. Let's enjoy the company of other people...and animals. Let's show unconditional love to our friends and families. We love you Daisy, say hello to Waldo and Maggie for me.














All I know is that if my dogs aren't in heaven when I get there, I may not stay!

2 comments:

Aubri n Scott said...

Dad used to get so mad at me for making her sing. I am so going to miss her when I go there. Oh man.

Breeana said...

hey Angie, I don't know Daisy...did I ever know Daisy. I asked Aaron...he's clueless. Fill me in.

Random Pictures of our lives