Friday, May 27, 2011

"Why is She Crying?"

It has almost been 3 weeks since little Ellie was born. Yes it is a little strange knowing that she still "shouldn't" be here yet. BUT we are super happy she is here. If you remember a while back Macie has had a love for Ellie even before she was born. She would lay on my tummy and listen all the time. When we brought Ellie home from the hospital I was prepared to take Macie out of the room when she started to bark and growl at this new person at our house. But she didn't. It was like she knew exactly who she was and was so happy to finally meet her. Of course Molly had no problem with her either since she LOVES kids.


As the days went on after we all came home, I kept telling Roy that Macie looked different. I was trying to convince myself that Macie wasn't my baby anymore and she was growing up. Well I soon realized why she looked so different. She is so worried about this baby that she watches her all the time. She sleeps on the edge of the bed so she can keep an eye on Ellie while she is in her bassinet. I rarely catch Macie with her eyes closed. I decided she looked different because she was so tired from always watching her. Probably more tired than me.


Ellie has been quite a content baby so far, but she is starting to discover that she can really scream when she cries. When she does this it really concerns Macie and she doesn't know what to think. She is a dog, she doesn't understand what that sound coming out of her is for. When Ellie cries Macie will do what ever she has to do to get right up in her face to make sure she is okay. In fact, the other day we had her car seat on the table and we were buckling her in. Of course she was crying and Macie jumped up on the chair and then the table to check on her. It is kind of sweet that she loves her so much.
Don't get me wrong, Molly loves her a lot too, but she is more jealous of her than worried about what she is doing. She also looks for any opportunity to kiss her face when we are not looking.


Over all I am very happy the dogs enjoy having her around. I was so worried I would have to lock the dogs up all the time.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

What a cutie! And that is so sweet that the dog watches after her :)

Audrey Crisp said...

That is so cute that the dog watches over her. I wonder how our cat will do when our little guy is born...

Random Pictures of our lives