Monday, October 19, 2009

Learning A Lot

Well I am learning a lot about how to get stains out of carpet and clothes. On Saturday Macie must have thought it would be fun to chew up a black pen. Well I didn't think it was very funny when I came home to a good sized spot of black ink on the really light carpet. Not in a spot where you can just put a rug over it. Roy immediately got online to look for ways to get it out. We tried all sorts of concoctions, but soon realized that rubbing alcohol worked the best. Yay for alcohol!!!
Then on Sunday night right before we had some friends over for dinner I noticed there were blood spots on the carpet. Molly had cut her lip on a rawhide chewie and dripped blood all through out the house. Luckily I knew that hydrogen peroxide gets blood out easily because Roy gets bloody noses all the time. Any way I quickly dumped some hydrogen peroxide on all the spots and broke out the carpet cleaner that has really come in handy since we have had it.
So now for all of you that have to get ink or blood out of something you know how!!!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the info! Google is always my favorite when I have no idea how to get out new stains.

Ellie said...

Wow.. rubbing alcohol... didn't know that! Good to know. Dogs are almost as bad as kids!

Audrey Crisp said...

that sucks!! messy dogs!!! glad you got it out!!

Random Pictures of our lives